Nautilus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mari - Blood Death Knight |ACCEPTED|

3 posters

Go down

Mari - Blood Death Knight  |ACCEPTED| Empty Mari - Blood Death Knight |ACCEPTED|

Post  Mari Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:09 pm

Name: Alex

Character Name: Mari
Character Level: 80
Character Race: Gnome
Character Class: Death Knight
Character Spec: Blood - 51/13/7
Character Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonblight&n=Mari

Gear description:
For gear, sockets and enchants my stat priority is expertise (until capped) > hit (until capped) > strength/crit, assuming relatively equal values. I'm not entirely sure yet (as most people aren't) which is best, strength or crit, for deep blood dps, so I'm taking equal amounts for the time being. I'd rather not see any agility, armor penetration or haste or my gear (at least not until we're into tier 9 stages of the game Razz). Obviously I have some of those stats at the moment as nothing better has come along.

Just to explain a bit about why I put stats in that order:

Expertise and hit: Increasing your chance to hit a target results in higher dps upgrade than increasing how hard you hit it. Expertise rating gives a greater upgrade to your chance to land a successful hit compared to hit rating.

Strength: Strength increases my attack power by 2, and I gain bonuses to strength via procs and Blessing of Kings. This makes it preferable over attack power.

Crit: As blood I gain a 45% increase to crit bonus damage on my main attacks, as opposed to unholy which does not, therefore it's good to get a decent amount of it along with strength. As said before, until someone comes up with a definitive answer as to which is best, my enchants and gems are both strength and crit where applicable.

Agility: Gives us nothing but increased crit chance, at a more expensive cost than crit rating. (Not including the armor boost cos it sucks Razz)

Haste: Haste only increases auto attack speed, which is a relatively low amount of my damage compared to say rogues.

Armor Penetration: It's actually pretty good as blood, as it's a heavy phyisical damage spec compared to unholy or frost, but until gear starts to come with crit, hit, and armor pen etc all together, stacking crit and strength is better. That's why I made the comment about tier 9 stages.

I get a boost to attack power via armor, so I don't like to use anything but plate.

That's it for the DPS stats, obviously stamina is just as important, but that comes as standard.

There aren't any important ones in WotLK yet are there? Not like needing heroic keys or anything like that. I stopped doing heroics so reputation of some of the "tabard" factions isn't maxed. I can't remember now, but if I felt I needed something from them I would of got it Razz

Attunements & Keys:
I can't do Malygos yet as I haven't killed Sapphiron.

Raid experience:
Firstly, my old raiding characters:

Ion - Warrior - 60 (Tank)
Rolo - Rogue - 60
Kozlo - Druid - 70 (Tank)
Fuse - Warlock - 70
Peanut - Warrior - 70 (DPS)
Wispa - Mage - 6x
Kozi - Paladin - 6x

Plus others of various levels.

Vanilla:
MC - full clear on Ion and Rolo.
BWL - full clear on Ion and Rolo.
AQ - Up to (inc) Huhurun on Rolo.
Naxx - Razuvious on Rolo.

TBC:
Kara - full clear on Kozlo, Fuse and Peanut.
SSC - all but Vashj on Kozlo.
TK - all but Kael on Kozlo.
BT - full clear on Kozlo.
SWP - tries on Kalecgos on Kozlo.

Usual playtime:
My play time fits around what I need to do in game. If I'm doing alot, I'll be on alot Razz I don't play as much as I used to, just because I haven't done much hardcore raiding in awhile. Generally Tuesday is the only evening I can't play. Other than that I can be on anytime of day or night, as much as is needed.

Alts:
None at the moment.

Professions:
On Mari I have:

Enchanting 440. All trainer and vendor recipes known for WotLK. I'm farming the resistance recipes on and off but they don't seem to like me.
Inscription 437. You can't learn anymore from the trainer past 425, so it's just a matter of discovering them slowly but I know a fair amount now.
Cooking 419.
Fishing 450.
First Aid 450.

Previous Guild and reason for leaving:
I left Lilium as they only raid 1-2 days a week and I need a bit more than that.

Reason for joining Nautilus:
I stopped enjoying big guilds a long time ago, I like small friendly groups of people who get the job done and have a laugh. I grouped with Mcitra once or twice and kept an eye on Nautilus players I saw running around (not stalking, honest Razz) and you seem like a guild who would fit the bill.

Why would you make a good member of Nautilus? Why should we pick You?
I'm a nice friendly person, I love to help people, and share my love, er knowledge and time I mean. Depending on the crowd I like to make people laugh rendeer See. Anyhoo Shocked. I think I'm an exetremely quick minded person. For instance, see that big pile of fire over there on the floor? I won't go stand in it. I hope to be the last person to ever do something like that Razz Same goes for getting timings right and all that. I'm dedicated - will stay through wipes for joy of it Smile and unfussy - I'd rather anyone else got loot before me. Sometimes I'm too nice I'm told Razz Someone offered me 1000g for a mage polymorph book, but I couldn't except that much so I gave it to him for 500g, and stuff like that Razz

Referals:
Only a couple of brief chats and groups with Mcitra, otherwise nope.

Extra information:
I usually make my applications funnier than this (well it's not funny at all) so I apologise Sad I'm sure I forgotten something so please do ask lots of questions if you want! I love to type these things out and it annoys me when I can't write an essay for each question Razz And no question involving cookies? For shame. But yes, to those really wanting to know, I like cookies Very Happy

I have read and understood the rules, and I fully agree with them!! I really did and do Razz

Mari

Male Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Mari - Blood Death Knight  |ACCEPTED| Empty Re: Mari - Blood Death Knight |ACCEPTED|

Post  Mari Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:17 pm

See, I remembered something already. Can't find an edit button, unless I'm being a nub, but then that's not uncommon (not having an edit button on recruitment forums not me being a nub (maybe)).

I came here to say something but I forgot what.

Ah!

It says frost/unholy next to death knights. I'm happy to spec one of those but I'd much prefer to be blood. I can play it the best and enjoy it the most. 99% of my experience is with blood, so you might get a sub par preformance from me till I figure everthing out about other spec rotations. That's all it is really, just figuring out the rotations, I know what all the buttons do, not like I've never looked at them Razz

rendeer

Makes me laugh anyway Sad

Mari

Back to top Go down

Mari - Blood Death Knight  |ACCEPTED| Empty Re: Mari - Blood Death Knight |ACCEPTED|

Post  Mcitra Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:23 pm

Glad to see you apply ofc Smile Wish you good luck and hope you get in :p
Mcitra
Mcitra
Officer

Female Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Spinks Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:45 am

Thanks for your application; we will get back to you with an answer asap.
Spinks
Spinks

Male Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:44 pm

Forgot my WotLK raid experience, quite important that Razz

On this character I've done VoA25, OS10, 2.5 wings in Naxx10.

Mari

Back to top Go down

Post  Spinks Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:49 am

Accepted on trial. An officer will contact you shortly.
Spinks
Spinks

Male Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down