Nautilus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restoration Druid Application |ACCEPTED|

3 posters

Go down

Restoration Druid Application |ACCEPTED| Empty Restoration Druid Application |ACCEPTED|

Post  Elédhel Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:15 pm

Name: Eddie

Character Name: Elédhel
Character Level: 80
Character Race: Night Elf
Character Class: Druid
Character Spec: Restoration (14/0/57)

Gear link and description:
This is where you tell us about your gear, sockets and enchants.
As a Restoration druid it is obvious that I need lots of spell power. Currently my spell power isn't that high and I have made a list of all the gear upgrades I can get from heroics and reputations. Secondly I believe the 2nd most important Stat for a restoration druid of my spec (Which is basically a power HoT spec and not so much on the Casting heals, but they are still sufficient when a raid takes big damage all at once) is Spirit because it increases my MP5 by lots. In heroics I rarely ever run out of Mana, and if I do I can always use innervate and Pots, and by the time I'm at full Mana again the fight will most probably be over. Intellect is great with a high amount of Mana Regen so it's good to build that up quite a bit. So, Mana Regen and Spirit tie into each other. With my spec, Haste Rating isn't so important but If things do get a little messy in groups and raids, Haste can stop a wipe with just 1 second to spare. Last of all I don't think that Crit is as important with my spec, but don't get me wrong it is nice for all restoration druids, especially with a nice 15k Healing Touch Crit. Obviously healers don't need Hit Rating. (Although you will notice that I have 48 because of my Boots of Crimson Fury, they are not bad healing boots to be honest and are nice for Naxxramas and onwards. Of course I farm 10 man and 25 man VoA each week for T7 and T7.5.I haven’t got round to enchanting much of my gear yet. I plan to enchant all of my epic items in the near future, seeing as money is so easy to make in Wotlk.

As you can see I have bought the Egg of Immortal Essences trinket with 40 badges. It’s a good healing trinket and procs pretty often.

I am very fond of my ring setup at the moment. Annhylde’s Ring and Band of Guile. I think they are one of the best combinations you could get for pre 10 and 25 man raiding.

I chose my Dragon Prow Amulet over Amulet of Dazzling Light and Zuramat’s Pendant of something or other (forgotten what it’s called Razz) because this has the same amount of Spell Power and more Spirit. So it’s a gain all in all as it has more Intellect as well, and stamina isn’t as important.

I just bought Purehorn Shoulderpads off of the Auction house as an improvement to replace my last healing green item. It’s not a bad item really. A nice fill-in for T7 or around that standard.

As you can see on my Gloves of Glistening Runes I have a +28 Spell Power Enchant and a +16 Spell Power gem; for obvious reasons.

On my Earthgiving Leggings, I have chosen the +35 Spell Power and +12 Spirit because they have two of the most important stats for a Restoration Druid. I didn’t choose the more expensive version, +50 Spell Power and +24 Spirit I think it is, because hopefully I’ll replace them with T7 or T7.5 or equivalent items pretty soon.

In my Girdle of Bane I have put a gem slot in it so that I could get a spell power and spirit gem. Currently +7 Spell power and +5 Spirit I think.

I chose a +16 Spirit gem in my boots because of course Spirit is a good stat as well as matching the socket colour.

In my Helm of Anomalus, I have a +25 Spell Power and –2% Threat Meta Gem, for obvious reasons, healers do produce a lot of agro. I chose the 8 Intellect and 3 MP5 to suit the socket again. I don’t think there is anything wrong with +12 stamina as a socket bonus really.

I have Ancestral Sinew Wristguards as a sort of ‘Pre-Raiding’ item and again, +16 spirit to once again, fit the socket. I might try and get Plague-Infected Bracers from Heroic Culling of Stratholme.

I do know that sometimes it is better not to fit the sockets, depending on the item.

I currently have Staff of Wayward Principles as a ‘Fill in’ item as I am currently going to Heroic Nexus everyday for the Mace of Unrequited Love to combine with the 25 Emblems of Heroism reward, Book of Obscure Remedies.

Most of my gear does explain itself really. As a healer gear is pretty simple, and I know my gear isn’t ‘Full Epic’ and ‘Awesome’ but I know how to play my class and believe I could be a good asset.

So overall: Spell Power, Spirit, MP5, Intellect and Haste/Crit.

I am Exalted with The Wyrmrest Accord for my Arcanum and for the Boots of Crimson Fury. I haven't decided on which reputation to level up next, as they don't have that many major items for me.

I am revered with the Argent Crusade, for lack of a better reputation to raise.

I am at least honored with all of the other major Wrath reputations.

Attunements & Keys:
I don't think that there are any Attunements in Wrath yet apart from Malygos. I still need to kill Sapphiron for him.

Raid experience:
Original WoW:
Molten Core, Zul'Gurub, Onyxia's Lair, AQ20.
BC:
Karazhan, Zul'aman, half of SSC, half of TK, 1st bosses in MH and BT
LK:
VoA (10 and 25 man)
OS (25 man)
Most heroics.
Never downed a boss in Naxxramas, although I have been there before and I know most boss tactics.

Usual playtime:
Most nights, I sometimes attend a Karate club in my area on Thursdays.
When I play I usually play for a long time so your raid times suit me well (19:00-23:30) I’m a casual player and can be a hardcore raider if need be.

Alts:
I have two main alts but I haven't played them much since the release of Wrath.
Level 70 Warrior Drizztt
Level 70 Hunter Dagknabitt... please read on Spinks Sad

Professions:
On my hunter I have 375 Skinning and Leatherworking, which will level up when I level this char.
I am currently leveling up my Inscription and Enchanting on my Druid (I’m not too sure whether to pick up Herbalism or to just get gold to buy the herbs).
On my Warrior I have 375 mining and Jewelcrafting, which I will level up as well when I level to 80 (Thinking of going Prot at 80 with this).

Previous Guild and reason for leaving:
GrOOvY CreW, It doesn't seem very active and when they get their act together they won't raid that many times a week. I don’t really think it has the homely feeling anymore… if any of you know what I mean.

Reason for joining Nautilus:
I am looking for a relatively new guild, that want to experience everything that blizzard have to throw at us in Wrath. I want to meet new people and have fun with them as well as with people I already know. I want to be in an active raiding guild that don't mind wiping and are tolerant of repair bills. In all of WoW I have never once experienced all of the Endgame content, been very close, just not close enough.

Why would you make a good member of Nautilus?
Why should we pick You?
I am a friendly person, who doesn't mind to help. I love having fun and having a laugh but when the need occurs to be serious I can be. I want to progress through the game and experience everything (as I just mentioned) and a nice healer to keep you alive in raids afro I always arrive on time with the right Pots and Elixirs and focus 100% when need be. I am a dedicated player and being an Epic Fail hunter in Pactum Serva has taught me a lot about being a devoted player and raider, rather… what not to do.

Referals:
I remember all of the Nautilus officers from Pactum Serva and a few other names. Mysticalape, Skolian, Spinks, Mcitra, Skalsebasse. Been doing a few heroics with Skolian.

Extra information:
This is where you tell us everything else we might want to know or anything you would like to share.

I was in Pactum Serva with some of you guys as you may remember, and I know some of you got very annoyed with the way I played a hunter and that I didn't know enough about my class. I very soon came to realise that maybe I wasn't cut out for the hunter class. So then I started leveling a druid. It was bliss, I found it so fun every time I logged on I lost myself in the seamless world of Azeroth Razz. Anyway I leveled to 60 in 5 Days playtime, 70 in 7 Days playtime, and 80 in 13 Days playtime (I took longer to fully experience the expansion), so in total around 15 Days playtime. As I got into higher levels on my Druid my knowledge of the game and it's mechanics increased, I found that reading up math on which, why and how moves were better in certain situations and how effective they were was actually interesting for once (Although one of the skills a healer needs is being able to adapt to any situation as fast as possible). Anyway, when I hit 80 I had already decided I would go Restoration spec; I spent weeks reading up everything that I would need to know to heal in heroics and raids. Time went by, I became more experienced, a better player if you like. The one person who I thought was annoyed with me the most was you, Spinks. I had nothing against you, and I'm sorry if you had something against me, whether it was me or the hunter I played on, now I'm asking to put that behind us (Whether you have already, I don't know) It's a new expansion, a new start and hopefully we can get along fine. A fresh start, maybe you didn't have anything against me, maybe I just misunderstood.

Anyway, In short, I have become a dedicated player and druid.

I have learnt to be ready for raids a long time before they start and to make sure I have the right elixirs or pots and buff foods.
Of course I use Omen. Other Addons I use are:
Xperl
CT Raid Assist (To Monitor the raids HP)
Deadly Boss Mods
Atlas and AtlasLoot
Etc etc, nothing unusual.

That's it, thanks a lot Nautilus.

I have read and fully understand your guild rules, I agree with them 100%.

Elédhel

Back to top Go down

Restoration Druid Application |ACCEPTED| Empty Re: Restoration Druid Application |ACCEPTED|

Post  Elédhel Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:59 am

Armory is down at this moment in time. I'll post it asap.

Elédhel

Back to top Go down

Restoration Druid Application |ACCEPTED| Empty Re: Restoration Druid Application |ACCEPTED|

Post  Spinks Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:03 am

Thanks for your application; we will get back to you with an answer asap.
Spinks
Spinks

Male Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Omberg Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:25 am

Elédhel wrote:Armory is down at this moment in time. I'll post it asap.

When you do. Please try to log out in your Resto gear. Smile
Omberg
Omberg

Male Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Elédhel Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:59 pm

Yeah i did, i think the armory is a bit slow though. Don't worry i'll get on it fast.

Elédhel

Back to top Go down

Post  Elédhel Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:40 pm

Here it is.

Just received Hateful Gladiator's Kodohode Robe from Vault of Archavon and put two spell power gems in because i don't need the socket bonus.

I have decided to level up my inscription now for the Shoulder Enhancements and level up my Enchanting later for the ring enchants.

Thanks

Elédhel

Back to top Go down

Post  Elédhel Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:41 pm

Gah, for some reason it didn't come up...

should be there now.

Elédhel

Back to top Go down

Post  Mcitra Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:00 pm

The links can sometimes bug, its something we are currently working on.
but it isnt hard for a player to know how to log armory Wink
Ty for your effort though, we will return to you with an answer as soon as possible
Mcitra
Mcitra
Officer

Female Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Elédhel Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:01 pm

Update:

I now have Mace of Unrequited Love and Book of Obscure Remedies, the mace is enchanted with +50 Spell power.

I have also done Spider Wing and part of Death Knight Wing and part of Construct Wing in Heroic Naxxramas (25 Man)

Elédhel

Back to top Go down

Post  Spinks Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:06 pm

Accepted on trial. An officer will contact you shortly.
Spinks
Spinks

Male Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down