Go down

Magythatcher, Death Knight |ACCEPTED|

Post  Magythatcher on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:59 pm

Name: Matt

Character Name: Magythatcher
Character Level: 80
Character Race: Draeni
Character Class: Death Knight
Character Spec: Currently Blood but having checked your recruitment status I'm more than happy to respec Unholy. In actual fact I levelled as Unholy but switched to blood at 80 because I felt it would be easier to get into a guild if there was less chance of clashing debuffs.

Gear link and description:

Magythatcher

Her gear is obviously something of a work in progress. I’ve used my profs to create an epic helm and weapon and have some decent ilevel 187 blues from quests and dungeons but I intend to run more heroics to fill out the gaps and have my eye an a number of upgrades. Also, because of the high turnover of gear and no access to a friendly enchanter Thatch is currently rocking zero enchants. Obviously this will soon change.

Regarding stat selection I'm looking to cap hit and expertise then focus on strength/ap and crit. Haste and Armour Pen have little value to me.

I’m working on Ebon Hold for my head enchant and Epic boots and obviously slogging my way through the Sons of Hodir (stupid miserable giants) rep for the shoulder enchants.

Attunements & Keys:
Sod all but obviously for WotLK that isn't currently a problem. It'll only really mean I can't come on 3 man Kara fun runs.

Raid experience:

Vanilla: ONY, MC/BWL full clears, AQ40 up to Emps and 3 bosses in Naxx

TBC: Kara/ZA full clears, Gruul, Void Reaver, Lurker. Much shorter and patchier than in Vanilla but I'll explain that below.

Usual playtime:

Game time is 3/4 days a week Monday to Friday. Weekends are patchier (the other half would murder me if committed myself to raiding every weekend) but I can probably do the occasional Sunday. Also, I'm used to staying on longer for that final push for a boss kill and really don't mind doing so.

Alts:

Valkyr / Warrior / 70. Erzsebet / Warlock / 70
Both on DB but I haven't played either (except as bank alts) since the expansion. I expect I'll level both to 80 at some point but it's not something that I'm concerned with at the moment.

Professions:
On Magy:
Blacksmithing 442 (high enough to craft anything in game as of now). Mining 450.

Also, FA: 450 (obv). Cooking: Stalled at 340 at the mo, I have to head back to Outland to get that to 350 before pushing it on in Northrend. Fishing: 0.

Previous Guild and reason for leaving:

Booty Bay Surf Club
Is Better Than You

Reasons for leaving previous guilds:

BBSC was my first raiding guild but around the time we entered Naxx there were increasing tensions from two divided sections of the guild, namely those who valued progress and those who were only interested in raiding the tiers of content that gave them easy upgrades. We had (because it had started as a guild with a more casual mindset) a wide range of gear levels, such that even after we'd killed our first Naxx boss there were still people who wanted to spend one of our 4 weekly raid nights to go to MC, another to go to BWL and a third to do 20 mans. It meant that we couldn't do progress runs in both AQ40 and Naxx every week and a power struggle ensued in which people old enough to know better used guilt trips and emotional manipulation (oh god the one day /gquits...) to try to force things their way. To cut a long story short, the guild fell to pieces, we all scattered to the winds and I ended up joining a bunch of old guildies in...

IBTY (I still cringe at the unabbreviated name), where I was part of the guild's first kills through Kara and into Gruuls and SSC/TK. Unfortunately my work schedule started to get in the way and I stepped back from raiding (and playing altogether) long before they reformed as Pentaverate.

There have since been a couple of other guilds (I forget the names off hand) that I joined, usually because my then housemate was a member and in the case of my Warrior because I loved the guild tag <And The Wheelies>.

Reason for joining Nautilus:

Obviously I'm keen to see as much of the content as possible but my main desire is to join a stable and close-knit guild.

Why would you make a good member of Nautilus?

You know those mature and intelligent players that guilds advertise for before settling for a priapic twat who likes to blame everyone else for his failure to get out of the fire? I'd like to think I'm one of the good ones (mature etc that is, not priapic twats). I'm a team player and friendly bloke and I'd like to think that I play my class well (though it's still early days with the DK).

Referals:

I don't think there's anyone.

Extra information:

I'm a 28 year old Brit, living in sunny (sic) Brentford. I'm talkative and a regular forum reader, in fact being in a guild might give me somewhere other than the EJ boards to waste work time.

Also I should admit at this early stage that if I had all the money I'd spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink. I believe that farm status instances benefit from beer and that Blizzard made it possible to wand-pull Golemagg from the bridge that overlooks him for a reason.

Magythatcher

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Magythatcher, Death Knight |ACCEPTED|

Post  Spinks on Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:25 pm

Thanks for your application; we will get back to you with an answer asap.
Spinks

Male Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spinks on Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:19 am

Accepted on trial. An officer will contact you shortly.
Spinks

Male Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down